Wednesday, October 13, 2010

{Assortment... of lost quotes}

I had this book that I lost for awhile that I used to write quotes in. I can't tell you how delighted I was to find it in a purse I haven't used in months.. My beloved little orange book. I just felt like today was a good quote day. So here... are some favorites.

Contemplative, inspiring sentiments from my book.

"The best mirror you will ever find is the eye of an honest friend." - Bob Laurent

"Truth is so obscured nowadays and lies so well established that unless we love the truth and passionately seek it, we shall never recognize it." - Blaise Pascal

"More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them." - Harold J. Smith

"You can only see others as clearly as you see yourself." - Unknown

"Be more concerned w/ your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is what others think of you."

"Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be." - Robert Browning

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

"Sadness is a wall between two gardens." - Kahlil Gibran

"Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but when there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors." - Taken from The Shack

"A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the car I drove. But the world may be a different place because I was important in the life of a child." - Unknown .. and one of my very favorites.


"In what stumbling ways a new soul is begun." - Keats

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." - Erma Bombeck

"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the truth of the imagination." - Keats