Tuesday, October 19, 2010

{I am still learning}

I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, despite whatever we were feeling.
I've learned that feelings are fleeting & not reliable. Truth is though.
I've learned that friends and family will on occasion hurt us and that we must forgive them for that.
I've learned that most days I am not yet the person I want to be.
I've also learned I will never give up on being that person someday.
I've learned that you have strengths you never knew you had until you were forced to find them.
I've learned that your attitude can control you.. if you don't control it.
I've learned the same for anger.
I've learned that it can take one minute to cause a lifetime of heartache.
I've learned that money is only paper and that while it may feed desires, it doesn't feed the soul.
I've learned that euphoria isn't a constant state and that slow burning embers are hottest to feed the flame.
I've learned that love is a decision and a choice.
I've learned that there is no fear in perfect love.
I've learned that I can do anything or nothing with good friends and still have the very best time.
I've learned to realize that some people choose not to change and that you can't lead a horse to water.
I've learned that sometimes the very people you thought would kick you when you were down were the same people that held out a hand to pull you up.
I've learned that life is very unpredictable.
I've learned that your body is really a car. Shiny and new at first and at the finish line an old clunker that's falling apart but got you home. 
I've learned that the journey is well taken in that once-upon-a-time shiny car.
I've learned that maturity has less to do with your age and more to do with the experiences you've lived through and how you've learned from them.
I've learned that sometimes you have to forgive yourself.
I've learned that no matter how hurt you are sometimes, the world keeps turning. 
I've learned that sometimes incredible happiness can come from a child's laughter.
I've learned that the power of positive thinking is crucial in life. Our thoughts either hold us captive or set us free.
I've learned that our histories can't be amputated from our destiny. Part of who we are today is because of who we were yesterday.
I've learned that a burned out history can make us a victim or an phoenix. But we are the ones who make that choice.
I've learned that trophies, medals, credentials and plaques on a wall of accomplishments do not solidify one as respectable human being. 
I've learned that life is short and sometimes people we expect to outlive us... do not. 
I've learned that grieving loss is just as much a part as accepting it and finding peace in it.
I've learned that your tongue is a powerful thing - you can not take back your words.
I've learned that living your dreams has less to do with money and more to do with your heart.
I've learned that the legacy I leave for my kids is more important than any accomplishment I make or accolades I receive.
I've learned that sometimes a dog is the only one to comfort you when you cry and that.. is ok. Even quite nice that God created such wonderful creatures that seemingly understand emotion.
I've learned that there is so much joy in life to be found, only though if you are seeking it. 
I've learned that people will read into you and assume things about your stature, but only God knows your heart.
I've learned that the world we are surrounded by is sometimes desolate and full of blight, despair and selfishness. 
I've learned that the world we are surrounded by is sometimes full of hope, inspiration and servitude. 
I've learned that I am only as sage as I feel and that with each year predictably comes new wisdom.
I've learned that there are few choices that do not change in one's lifetime... one of which is, learning.