Sunday, October 17, 2010

{Finish the sentence}

I have been wanting to do one of these randoms for awhile now just so I can take a break from work! Ha, when I used to work FT for a company (not myself!) these would float around and every now and then I'd entertain one... now I taskmaster-slave-work myself and don't participate in these fun e-mail idiosyncrasies ... so it's time to take a break and participate. :)


1. I've come to realize that my first kiss was... unwanted, by the neighbor boy who peed his pants at like.. 13.

2. I am listening to... Sigur Ros - Njosnavelin (Nothing Song) from Vanilla Sky soundtrack and realizing, I have bizarre, solitary taste in music. Sometimes bizarre music saves me though.

3. I talk... to strangers every week - some of them become friends.

4. I love... people. Old things. Beautiful things. Forlorn things. Beautiful scents that transcend. Sunrises that remind me of my sister, of new beginnings. Sunsets that remind me of the sanctity of another day passed, its gift. Home-baked goodness in most forms that include sugar. Girly-girl anything but mostly heels and accessories. My front porch - its quiet company. My camera which is love and life to me. 

5. My best friends... here on earth are what keep me ashore. And when and if I drift out to sea - my rescue boat, always. And the one that's in heaven aready ... she's my guiding star from afar - that I always know my direction. 

7. I lost... myself a in corn field once with Adrian. 

8. I hate it when people... brag about themselves. There is always someone better than you and worse than you.

9. Love is... so powerful. So surprising. So unpredictable. So impervious to our imperfections. There is no fear in love.

10. Marriage is... an investment. And the more you invest in it, the more valuable it becomes.

11. Somewhere, someone is thinking... that no one loves them, and that they are alone. Hebrews 13:5.

12. I'll always be...taller than average, and I embrace it with... fantastic heels.

13. I have a thing for... vanilla & whipping cream in my Pepsi. Lebanese food. Tamales. Coffee with whipping cream. Mediterranean olives. Caprese salad in the summer. Cute scarves in the fall. Fireside and Spearmint/Eucalyptus scents by Bath and Body Works. Capers on my pizza. 

14. The last time I cried was because... of regrets. And usually if I cry, I cry a little because I miss Jessy too.

15. My cell phone is... an iPhone 3GS. I'm not sure which is the bigger appendage outside of my camera, it or my computer. 

16. When I wake up in the morning... I always make my bed, brush my teeth and put on my comfy robe. Priorities 1. Priority 2? Equally important though? I brew coffee in my Bunn coffee maker.

17. Before I go to sleep at night... I think about the day. Think about Jess and if I will dream of her.  Sometimes if Adrian is home he prays. 

18. Right now I am thinking about... all of the work I should be doing instead of this... fun little entity. :)

19. Babies are... deserving of a life. 

20. Last night I... ate pizza with my family at Bruno's. Downloaded & archived photos from the previous session. Took a hot bath. Laughed with Adrian about "Chuck Norris facts." 

21. Today I... have two photo sessions and a night of editing ahead of me. Won't always be this way, so I press on.. and enjoy each minute despite the predictably chaotic time of year this is.

22. Tonight I will... make a pot of coffee. Put on some good music. Appreciate the quiet of my house when it is late and work. Quietly contemplate the songs I hear. Yawn a significant amount of times before I realize.. it's quitting time Jo.

23. Soon I will... be getting pedicures with Vincy. Heading to Chicago with my girls Marth and James. Taking a mini-vacation to an unknown destination with my husband. Watching the snow fall from my window wondering how yet another season passed me by so unnoticed. 

24. I really want... to be the best I can be in all of the facets that continue to be carved out in me. And when I see that I've improved I want to also see how far yet I have to go so that I never become complacent or content with who He is fashioning. I want to help others realize that every day should count for something - even in small ways. To realize that sometimes you can't make people change and you can't love them safely unless you are at a distance. That the distance you create is to protect yourself. To be known as a simple girl that loves the city, moved to the country, raised a family and paid a few bills doing what she loved. For my legacy to be not on a marquis of lights but on a simple photograph tucked away in an album representing a life and a journey well taken.