Thursday, September 23, 2010

{Thankful Thursday}

Today has to be one of the most beautiful days of the year. It's warm, but not humid, breezy - sun is shining, it's absolutely perfect outside. I love Indian summer in Indiana. Everything is right at that end of that pivotal summer moment when the peak of harvest has past and the descent into cooler temps begins.

Warm breezy days like today remind me of how much I will miss summer when it's gone. But fall is the season I take comfort in most. It is my favorite. The only time that we really in nature see such colorful contrasts on the color wheel in the orange trees and blue skies... is fall.  It's like a mid-gap of awareness into the fact that you are transitioning between two very extreme seasons. That last little bit of recollection before we draw inside of ourselves and hunker down through the cold months.


  • Thankful for seasons.
  • Thankful that seasons change.
  • Thankful for what each offers and how each is different.
  • Thankful for deciduous trees that display beloved chroma - I could NOT do Florida and their green to brown changing leaves.
  • Thankful for transition. 

Also...

  • Lusine on Pandora while I work.
  • Pandora.
  • Lunch dates with Mr. Kaser.
  • Mid-afternoon naps.
  • Knowing today is not Friday, but feeling like every day is Friday.