Monday, September 20, 2010

{Manic Monday & .. Monarchs}

Monday = catch up day.
Had such a busy weekend - Jasmine Star Thursday in Chicago - Friday all day editing - Saturday a wedding - Sunday an Engagement session at a firestation AND the beach. I've been kinda.. gone! The catbox let me know of my absence this morning when I changed it, trust me. 


Shattered my iphone yesterday and it's still working. I can feel the glass cracks as I slide my finger around the surface.. nice Jo. Nice. That darn phone is so fragile - and Steve Jobs you gotta know I love me some iphone but couldn't you have made that thing just a wee bit more durable for clumsy nuts like me? Oh Apple - and third iphone on it's way to me - but how I still love thee.


I had the coolest thing happen at that wedding on Saturday...
I can't tell you how many times I have been photographing and a monarch butterfly flutters past me. It's personal, and frivolous maybe... but when I see a butterfly - a monarch specifically - it's just a little moment I take to remember my sister and say to myself...
Thanks Jess.... thanks for sending that to say hi today. Thanks for letting me know that you are still near me, guiding me, that I'm on the right path, doing what I love and that I took a chance in fear and faith knowing out of your loss that life is so short - but I am happier today than I have ever been because of that risk ... and I miss you sweet girl.
This butterfly let me snap a few pictures of it - so beautiful. And yes, I did verbally thank it for blessing my day. I'm sure the nearby guests were entertained that I talk to butterflies.

Thought provoking. But definitely not fortuitous. Purpose in everything... always. 

Always amusing to think about how Creation is used to remind us of who we are and where we are going.