Thursday, January 12, 2012

{Thankful Thursday | 01.12.12}

Somedays it's not always easy to count up the blessings.


Today was a day. Let me tell you.


It started with the dentist at 9a. And news I didn't expect or want to hear. I heard numbers like $3,000 to $700 by the time they were done poking around my mouth. I literally asked the hygienist if 35 is too young for dentures... joking of course. I don't think she liked my joke. And those above numbers? Yeah, they didn't include what it will cost for my wisdom teeth to come out. Why on EARTH do we even HAVE wisdom teeth? It's so funny. They always tell me I have such pretty teeth. If only pretty teeth didn't have cavities. I brush my teeth 3x a day. It's flossing that gets me in trouble. 


Let's see, I could buy another Mark ii AND a groovy lens OR fix my tooth. 
I am SO beyond thankful that my children got my husband's teeth.


11a Leaving the dentist and driving through downtown South Bend, I literally saw TWO people picking their noses in their cars. And I'm talking no shame kind of picking. Like our cars were 2 feet apart. Can't ya'll save that for your country road? I was appalled. And I laughed. Laughed right at them. Yeah, I know you saw me, nose pickers. Laughed at how some people just don't care. You know? Do you know? Ewww. You were supposed to answer no to that.
I am thankful that I am still entertained by peoples lack of grace, formalities OR care.


Out of the city and almost home an Aztek {of all cars! I owned an Aztek once upon a time!} decided to pass a semi. Except that I was um, I dunno, 20-30 feet in front of him when he finally made it just in front of the semi {!!!} You bet he got my horn. 
And I am thankful he didn't hit me.


2p this afternoon when I finally got home I literally knocked the trash can over carrying in groceries. Lettuce and trash ever-y-where. Then I knocked something I had just bought off the counter, it broke. Here comes Lily trying to lick it up. "Lily NO that's astringent!!" Within an hour Brendon had set a coffee cup on the counter, which I also gracefully managed to knock off onto the floor. Coffee and broken mug {say it with me...} ever-y-where. And then there was the conversation, "Brendon.. what are you doing with coffee?"
I am thankful that it's not worth it to cry over spilled milk, or lettuce, astringent or coffee for that matter. Instead, I laughed at my serious clumsiness today.


I know tomorrow is Friday the 13th but COME ON! Lol. 


It just was one of those days where the blessings weren't so evident. Rather, a lot of crummy little mishaps that left me thinking it could've been worse ... so in THAT way I was thankful. :) 


Counting my blessings even on the bad days.