Friday, January 20, 2012

{FOTOFRIDAY | 366.20}


366.20
Grace.

Here’s the suggested idea I picked… Thank you Toni Pradke for your creative suggestion. You win a FREEBIE FOTO SESSION!

Toni submitted:
“I have ideas flooding my brain, so it's a little tricky to list just one.  However, I wanted to try and think of something unique to you.  So, I researched the meaning of your first name.  Joanne means "God's grace".  So I was thinking you can photograph things that represent God's grace to you.  A photo of your favorite scripture verse, grace written in bold chalk letters on a sidewalk, a beautiful sunrise or sunset, or fresh snow blanketing an old tree.  One more... all different sizes of bar soap stacked beside a scrub brush, with a water faucet running in the back ground....He washes me white as snow.  Thank you for an opportunity at winning such a great prize!”

I picked this idea because she made it personal. I didn’t even KNOW what my own name means! I appreciated that she looked it up! When I read it and then researched it myself, I was touched. I thought about it for a long time. I kept returning to it. And the thought that…

I am thankful for Grace.
It is part of my name. He knew my name before I received it.
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you.”
“I have carved you in the palm of My hand.”

Not every picture I select will be of spiritual value. But for this week – I was compelled to use this. I am an emotive person and grace has been something of irreplaceable personal value to me, to all of us. I loved this suggestion b/c how many of us wish we could just wash away our faulty hearts with a bar of soap. With several bars of soap. How many of us wish we could be made white as snow.

He makes us white as snow. Grace in the symbolism of soap and snow. I don’t know. It just touched me.  Truly creative and different. Granted, her ideas allowed me to incorporate my own. And I love this photo for its personal value.

I’m sure my neighbors got a kick out of seeing me lay in my alley this morning. All 8 degrees and such…

We’ll do this again next week! And every Friday until further notice. ;) Keep your suggestions coming! Also keep in mind if you have a stellar idea AND you are sharing this giveaway with your friends on Facebook - I'm doubly impressed. :) If you do share it be sure to tell me!

THANK YOU ALL OF YOU WHO SUGGESTED. Y'all are incredible. I loved reading each and every one of them!! Happy weekend!