Monday, January 10, 2011

{365 Days - A year in photos}

I started a new project this year on Flickr, one I've never done but I'm enjoying it b/c it's just ... for me. :) I can pick and choose what I shoot each day - and every week I am using a different lens - starting with the lenses that I use the least. This week it was my 50 mm 1.4. It's a great way to learn and meet other photographers and I'm really, really super excited about what I'll gain, more personally than skill-wise, over the next year. The purpose of the group is to post one photo each day for the entire 365 days in the year. I am pretty sure you are supposed to take a new photo each day and then post it. I am sure this will be interesting during busy season - but I'm finding that each day I do it, I appreciate something little about whatever visual find I am working with. So many beautiful things to be discovered in the simple and ordinary objects of day to day life. 

Many times when I am pressed by deadlines and busy work, I forget - even though I am doing what I love - what it is to photograph quiet objects as such. If I fail to acknowledge these things.. then I've failed at the task that I wanted most to happen in my life a year ago which was... to simplify.

Here are the first 10 days of simplification. :) 

365.1 DeBrand Chocolates

365.2 Cold Glass

365.3 Antique Buggy

365.4 Sweet Clementine

365.5 Cinnamon Bundle

365.6 Leftover Sea Maiden Grass

365.7 Nobody Puts "Baby" in the Corner

365.8 Alaskan Sea Asparagus & Smoked Coho Salmon

365.9 Sunday Morning

365.10 Salix Discolor