Monday, February 27, 2012

{Happy Birthday to me!}

Today was awesome.
One of the best birthdays I've had in a long time.

I admit, I do dread aging. I don't like it. But what I realize more than anything is that each day that I get, each year that I get is a gift. Life is a privilege denied to many. I've posted that before in regards to my sister. I miss her. I miss her birthday calls.

But I'm thankful. I'm here, I'm happy to be alive and I have an amazing group of people that love me. So much support and encouragement.

I can't ask for more.

My kids and I had a little mini-photoshoot with a cake {bought by my fabulous client and friend Ashley!} The kids kept asking me if they could eat it. Oh they got to eat it alright. :) We all ate it with our hands. We laughed so much. It was a wonderful memory to make with them.

Ended the day with dinner at one of my favorite restaurants and got a gift card to the Buckle for $100 - I will NOT be able to get my frugal butt to buy some $90 jeans, but Adrian seems to think I should. :)

I really celebrated this year, this birthday - as you'll see in the photos. Started the day with Zumba and kept dancing around the house. :) I think that when you really look at another year of aging for the blessing and gift that it is, the gray hair, wrinkles and age spots don't seem to matter as much. What does matter is that I have had another 365 mostly good memories to add on to the tally.