Friday, August 5, 2011

{Food Friday | 08.05.11}

I will say, we sure do eat good in this house. :)
Baked Asparagus
I love asparagus. And I love it when Adrian makes it. He uses this recipe. I am not kidding you, this is the BEST tasting asparagus in the world. You HAVE to make it. I will tell you that the main ingredients that make it so amazing are bsalmic vinaigrette, soy sauce & butter. {Secret, you have to brown the butter.} Soooooooooooo good.

He likes to make this with Chicken Cordon Bleu. Which is equally amazing. For today though, I just wanted to share the asparagus. Can't give you too many recipes. :) Chicken Cordon Bleu is a pretty basic recipe that you can search for and it pairs SO nicely with this asparagus.



Pulled Pork
Also in the summer I often make my pulled pork. We have a great butcher here in town, fresh meat and fantastic cuts. I buy a nice pork roast and cook it all day with Pampered Chef BBQ seasoning and a tiny bit of water. Then once it's done I pull it apart and separate the meat, drain the crock pot and throw the meat back in. I add in my sauce. When I bake I use recipes. But if I am making sauce and often just cooking - I am that cook that is a pinch of this, a dash of that. Hey, it works for me. 


Almost every time.


I am now recalling this time when I made something in the crock pot - the meat fell apart too much and seriously resembled dog food. Didn't quite taste bad, but the mental picture we all got when even the kids said, "Mom this looks like canned dog food" wasn't so pleasant. Lol.

We all have our moments. What can I say.
Atleast it tasted ok. :)


Of course I am only sharing with you my favorites... therein my successful recipes. :)


Josephiney BBQ Sauce: 
Ketchup, Apple Cider Vinegar, Liquid Smoke, {tiny bit!} Cayenne, Garlic and Onion, Dry Mustard, Molasses {tiny bit!}, Worcester Sauce, Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, Honey, Sea Salt and Pepper. 


I like to pair my pulled pork with good old corn on the cob and cucumber salad. That is the summer meal  that is probably one of my favs. :)