Friday, July 22, 2011

{Aging | Self-Portrait Challenge}





Privilege
"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." ~Author Unknown
I love this quote. It is one of the many that center me.
The whole reason the self-portrait challenge I involved myself in was to celebrate aging - specifically someone's work that I greatly admire. I used to photograph myself more before this became my FT job. I miss that documentary part of me. Documenting me each year.. aging.

Though part of me hates it. The grays, the wrinkles, the skin spots.

It was denied to someone I love deeply. Her life was cut short. I am often reminded by my own superficial disparaging that the alternative to growing old is not living at all. So I count my days as being a blessing. Each day. Each day also brings me a little closer to seeing my little sis again.



And as a sidenote, I got feathers in my hair today. Had Jessy been alive she would have totally invented this trend. 


Miss that little hippy girl.