Thursday, June 23, 2011

{Thankful Thursday - Lily Edition}

Lily brings so much joy to my life. So many smiles. She's a comical dog.

So often first and foremost I am thankful for my family. Adrian and the kids. I feel like Lily and Rocco are my kids too. Today I just wanted to list a few of the ways that specifically Lily makes me thankful.


  • Let's get to the coolest part about Lily. She's gorgeous. :) She has a blue eye and a brown eye and is completely white. How often do you see a dog like that?
  • She is protective. 
  • She's a boxer. My favorite breed ever. The best breed as far as I am concerned for companionship.
  • She sheds very little and is very clean. She's not a stinky dog. Ugghhh to you stinky dogs of the world.
  • She's a ball dog. She LOVES her ball. She brings it to me and tries to tease me with it. She could play fetch all day. 
  • If I say the word "cheese" you wouldn't believe how her ears perk up.
  • She's in charge. She tries to um, how to say... show dominance the way dogs do to Rocco. In other words, she's not afraid to take the old bull by the horns and let him know who's in charge. Cracks me up every time. Rocco just stands there like, huh? He he he.
  • She knows commands like: sit, lie down, shake your paw, go outside, go for walk and go to bed. I think for a puppy she's quite intelligent. Dogs really do know what you say and are impressively keen.
Here's my Lily Boo. Aka, "Wootie woo". I dunno how she got that last part. It just rhymes. Seriously... if you think all of this is overboard embarrassing ... you should hear me TALK to my dogs. :)





From the dog's point of view, her master is an elongated and abnormally cunning dog. ~Mabel Louise Robinson


{Photos taken by my awesome photographer son: Brendon, who I have already convinced that in HS - his PT job will be helping me shoot weddings during the summer. He's really good. I think the part that sold him was that I would pay him a LOT more than McDonald's would and he'd get to do something waaaaaaay cooler.}