Saturday, February 19, 2011

{Random Josephiney Facts}

  • Burt's Bees is in so many locations between desk and car, not sure of the exact count.
  • I am a huge addict of coffee. Every day, first thing. Clockwork. 
  • I painfully love music.
  • I am scared of bridges and unbuckle almost every time while I am formulating a plan of how to get to my kids if the bridge collapses. Ikr.
  • I hate spiders. I apologize before I kill them. And then I fear their family coming after me later.
  • I love heels, but I prefer Chuck Taylors.
  • I take 1,000 mg of Vitamin C a lot.
  • I hate dusting and sorting socks. 
  • I use Gain detergent. It's the best.
  • I have an odd fascination for Egypt.
  • I am crazy about Mediterranean food.
  • The first real intentional photograph I took was in college for a photography class. I photographed my sister.
  • I didn't like that class. It was before digital and I got stuck in the dark room with stinky class creepo. Ruined the entire semester.
  • I love spearmint. 
  • I love mint in my sweet tea.
  • I love the sun. One of the most relaxing things on earth is laying in it.
  • I adore heat. I am cold pretty much September through May. 
  • I admire confidence. Cockiness not so much.
  • I don't get many things right the first time.
  • But I am really determined and eventually, I do get it right.
  • I am an oldest child. The responsibility factor of that never really dissipated. 
  • I am totally a backseat driver.
  • My grandmother has influenced me in so many wonderful ways. She is a dear soul to me.
  • I was born in East Chicago. 
  • I have lived in a LOT of places - mostly northern Indiana.
  • I wanted to be a nun until I was about 12.
  • I was brought up Catholic, then Baptist and now I am Non-denom.
  • I believe in God. 
  • I believe in grace.
  • I believe in Heaven and Hell. I am no judge of who's going where.
  • I find inspiration in Scripture, Quotes and Authors.
  • I believe in forgiveness, even though sometimes it is hard to give, I am reminded that I need it myself.
  • I don't like judgmental attitudes. I do have opinions of my own. However, they are mine.
  • I'm not stuck on denominations. All man-made religions are just that. I follow Him.
  • I am more into spirituality than religion. But I believe religion has a purpose.
  • One of my favorite memories is of picking my grandma flowers. How happy she was.
  • One of my worst memories was getting bit by a great dane at the age of 5. 20-some stitches later on my face... they gave me a dum dum sucker after stitches at the hospital. And even then, wth.
  • I have a full blooded brother who lives in Alaska. My mother lives there also.
  • I have a dad and step-mom who live locally with their two children, my half-siblings.
  • My little sis was 28 when she died in a car accident. I think of Jess every day.
  • Jessy has a daughter out of state... my niece looks identical to her momma when she was a little girl.
  • I don't watch tv, rarely - but sometimes I watch documentaries and movies. Love history.
  • I would rather read fact than fiction. I love learning. I feel like fiction wastes my time - but I admit I did get sucked into the Twilight series. And I enjoyed my time reading, a little too much rather.
  • I have a special thing for butterflies. Monarchs.
  • I love antiques and anything vintage or nostalgic.
  • I used the play the piano as a kid. I still find the sound of piano soothing and am drawn to it.
  • I love to draw. My major in college was Fine Art.
  • One of my most awkward moments in life was my first Life Drawing class - aka, nude drawing class. But I found as I drew that I thought more and more of getting it right than the fact that my subject was nude. It made me appreciate the human body as art. 
  • I love the color lavender best.
  • I love spicy, woodsy perfume scents best. I can't do florals AT ALL.
  • Peonies, lilacs, Ranunculus, Lily of the Valley, Grape Hyacinth, Hyacinths, Forget me not, purple Iris and Daffodils are among my favorite flowers.
  • I camped a lot as a kid. I can spot sassafras and probably make you some tea if you'd like.
  • I have wonderful memories of hunting for mushrooms in the woods as a kid.. like morel and sheephead.
  • My favorite movies are Sound of Music and the Ten Commandments. Both wonderful classics.
  • I get told that I look like Cameron Diaz from time to time.
  • I am tall. 5' 9" and 3/4 ... don't forget the 3/4. I love being tall.
  • I itch my throat in an odd way and it drives my kids nuts. They totally mock me.
  • My kids are my greatest accomplishment. 
  • Someday I hope to travel to Egypt to photograph. But I also want to see Europe.
  • I prefer Mac computers. I have a bit of detest for PCs. 
  • My favorite candy bars are Zero and Milky Way Dark.
  • I have a TOTAL sweet tooth. I crave sugar over salt any day.
  • I am crazy crazy about baked goods. And... unfortunately, I love to bake.
  • I think I am a good cook, overall. 
  • I see silly things like 11:11 all the time and joke about being a "star-child".
  • 2012 intrigued me. I could watch documentaries about that kinda stuff  and aliens all day and then be freaked out all night.
  • I love donuts and coffee on Sunday morning. 
  • I live in a small town. I love it. I want to live here forever.
  • I have a fondness for old, forlorn barns. I want to photograph them and put them all into a book for my state.
  • I have always been a Hoosier. 
  • My ethnic background is predominantly German, a little American Indian, a little Welsh.
  • I have green eyes.
  • I have two tattoos. One of an Egyptian ankh on my back. It means 'life'. I have another in honor of my sister Jessica on my left hip. It's a monarch butterfly and under it says, "Jessy". 
  • I love my nose ring. 
  • I have 20/20. But sometimes I rock fashion glasses b/c I can.
  • I am All-American in my LOVE for Philly cheesesteaks and Chicago dogs.
  • I own two boxers and a persian kitty. I love them and photograph them ridiculous amounts.
  • I love to run. Music CRANKED.
  • I think every Friday night should mandatorily be Pizza night. 
  • I am named after my Grandmother. Joanne Eleanore. I never met her. But I guess I favor her.
  • I took Spanish and French in college. I don't practice either well enough to be fluent. Most of what I can say in Spanish is naughty.
  • I like the smell of sandalwood. Eucalyptus. Mint fields. Fresh cut grass. Banana bread baking. A fireplace. Suntan lotion.
  • I started photographing consistently 9 years ago. My first camera was a Canon Xti.
  • I like to sing. Just not.. necessarily on command. :) 
  • I love to look at people's photo albums.
  • I still love to rollerskate.
  • Love to hike and camp.
  • Love playing UNO and skip bo.
  • I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a good campfire.
  • Love traditions.
  • I medicinally clean my ears every day. It's probably more of a coping mechanism for stress than a method of cleaning my ears. Some people go for a cigarette? I go for a Q-tip.
  • I am a little OCD about locks and such. I lock everything 3x and then some.
  • My favorite season is Fall. 
  • Josephiney is a nickname and has nothing to do with my real name. 
  • I wear my heart on my sleeve. Emotive. Which means I feel everything. 
  • I have a knack for finding beauty in odd places.
  • I love the way light moves across a room, quietly throughout the day.
  • I love humidity in the summer. 
  • Thunderstorms make me smile. Love watching the clouds.