Thursday, August 12, 2010

{Thankful Thursday}

I like Thursdays. Almost to the weekend.
{I will be honest in saying though that weekends don't really mean much to me anymore seeing as I set my own schedule now. Every day sorta becomes a work day. :) But.. I love it.}
Today I read this...



  • When a shipwright builds a vessel, he builds it not to sit upon the stocks but for sea and storm. If he did not build it strong for tempests and hurricanes he was a poor shipbuilder. That you may sail a thousand Atlantics and not sink - His Word of promise is meant to be tried and proved. - C.H. Spurgeon

I reworded it a bit to make it flow and merge better. How true though. How many shoes can you buy and not wear? *I know I have a few 4" heels that sit... and sit.* We are made to be worn, weathered, tried, sailed. We are built for it. I know, I know. Josephine, you speak soooo much of trial and adversity. Yes, tis true... maybe. I certainly have had my fair share. But we all face it. We all relate to it. So why not encourage one another to endure it and sail through it? :)

This passage above from this fabulous writer also gives me hope... in the fact that we are not built to weather ONE hardship in life, but many. We will go through many storms in our many decades and none-the-less, we are built to sail on. The boat doesn't go back to port just b/c it hit a bad storm, it continues, through the next and the next until its journey is done, destination reached. 

Thankful today for the storms I've faced and weathered and mostly, that I continue to sail on. Happily, thankfully. And assured that I can face the next because I was built to. 
God don't make no shams. 

{THANKFUL}
  • Dear friends who have easy labors and beautiful babies.
  • Insurance Agents who are affordable.
  • Such an outstanding school that my kids can't wait to go back.
  • Mentors.
  • Orange Jaffa Cakes - are you kidding me? Soooo good.
  • Aldis - God bless that German store & save me some money!
  • Nathan's hotdogs - off the hooooook.
  • Photographers who share advice & tips.
  • Alaskan coffee and smoked salmon.
  • Weekly texts that come from Oklahoma's Sweetest Mary. :)
  • A husband's continued love.
  • My Kitty Kichi and Doggie Rocco - such loveys.