Tuesday, June 29, 2010

{Kevin and Ruth} South Dakota Wedding

Kevin is like a brother to me. Definitely to Adrian. I've known him since 8th grade. High school graduates and friends - he's like family. I can't tell you how happy we are that he found Ruth. He's a professor and - Kev you know as well as we all do that most of us had just figured that professor-like books would be your only spouse. Ha! We absolutely love Ruth and think that like the old adage says: "Good things come to those who wait." You've obviously found a good thing in Ruth. She is beautiful. She represents faith and virtue without question.

South Dakota was a neat experience as neither Adrian nor myself had ever been. Adrian was Kevin's best man so he accompanied me on the trip. I was quite proud of his toast to Kevin and Ruth. How do you put the value of such a friendship into a few words to try to make others understand what someone means, has meant to you? I felt Adrian achieved this and - as usual - was the entertainer of the reception. Sometimes I just fall in love with him all over again hearing him make others laugh. He's pretty darn funny. His best line? "I don't know about you guys, but I'm thinking about taking the hot photographer home tonight." {I don't plan to hear that again at any wedding, any time soon, but I admit - I liked it.} And yes, I did let him take me home, naturally.

So the trip was full of green pastures, huge skies and a fantastic love between two people that are pretty close to being family to me. Ruth hasn't known me as long as Kevin has, but without exception - she fits right in. Congratulations guys. We wish you the best - Here's "to senior years and retirement communities, living of course... as neighbors one day."