Thursday, March 24, 2011

{Thankful Thursday} Jasmine Oolong Edition

Jasmine Oolong.


I love tea.
I love coffee.

When I was a kid, my grandma and I had a ritual of "tea and coffee" where late at night after everyone else went to bed, we would get up and secretly have tea/coffee. Of course for me it was always decaf, whatever my choice was. But she'd let me load it up with creamer and sugar {provided I brushed my teeth again before bed} and we would sit and just talk. We would talk about how she missed my Grandpa. About life. About memories.

This is one of my favorite memories of childhood.
It's one of my favorite memories in life.

There's a whole other post really in order to fully explain how much I love my grandmother - which, I'm not sure I could even cover those depths in just some words on a page.

But just like I found comfort in that ritual, that tradition - I find comfort in tea, coffee, hot drinks. It's a time to sip on something that smells amazing, tastes even better, calms and soothes me and... takes me back to a happy place... my grandmother's kitchen table at midnight.

Today I bought some loose tea at Teavana. I bought the Jasmine Oolong blend. First of all, I love Jasmine. Love the smell, the taste - it's exquisite.

This Thursday I am thankful for tea. Treasured moments with my grandmother. And the ability to find simple joy... in a cup and in life.