Thursday, July 8, 2010

{Weddings} ala Josephiney

I was recently talking to a prospective bride and realized that maybe this might be some helpful information to put on my blog! Sometimes people wonder - what are the key points that differentiate YOU Joanne? Well, if I were to photograph your wedding, here are the main things that I would tell you...
  • Choosing a wedding photographer is a huge decision. I don't take your choice lightly. I want you to make the choice of what works for you. I am not a fit for every person. And as odd as it may sound? Not every person is a fit for me
  • I truly do connect with my clients - and especially after photographing a bride all day, I leave feeling like we are old friends. It's something that happens almost every time. It's an honor. I really like people and my attempts at getting to know you and make you happy are truly genuine. I care about my clients, their needs and their experience with me. It all matters in a huge way. 
  • I offer a great package of quality photography that has a unique style - a style that I continue to craft and hone in on. One I am proud of because I feel that it is reflective of my history, my degree in Fine Art and my many years in a design industry. I look at my work as striving to be more  of an "art print" than anything else.
  • I offer the above at a considerably lower price than other photographers locally. I do not advertise (typically) I did one time when I left my FT job in Marketing. But generally my advertising is word of mouth. It is better than any print ad as far as I am concerned. My overhead is lower, I do not operate an expensive studio - I shoot strictly on location, the cost savings that come back to you are reflective of this. I typically shoot alone, this is also a reason that pricing is lower. I of course can and do hire a second shooter based upon what the bride wants. Cost of second shooter varies upon their experience and availability. 
  • I offer a disc of images. Average number of photos is around 800, more or less depending on the day. More photographers are starting to offer discs, but you'd be surprised at the number that do not. My opinion? You deserve every photo. It is YOUR day. Period. There's nothing to add to that.
    My wedding packages start at $1,600 (8 hours) and go up to $2,000 (10 hours). They both include an Engagement Session on disc from a location of your choice, my time and editing of each photo on disc from your wedding day and a mounted 11x14 of your choice for your wall. Wedding albums, prints, Engagement albums, announcements and many other items are available ala carte.

    Prices do go up every year. If you want these prices honored on your wedding date - price is reflective of when you book with me. K, so hopefully that answers some questions!