Where I talked about the things I am thankful for.
Life picks up. Things get busy. You know how it goes.
But if I've realized anything.. it's this.... you HAVE to find gratitude at ALL times. Especially during hard times and busy times. The happiest people - are usually those that are the most grateful people.
So back to gratitude... I have much to be thankful for.
And if you live in this country, have a place to live and food to eat, clothes to wear... chances are you do too.
Thankful for these things...
- Rooibos tea.
- My Art Institute mug that features artwork by Caillebotte, Paris Street; Rainy Day. It is one of my favorite paintings. Reminds me of a special rainy day I spent in Chicago.
- The 6 ND basketball tickets I was able to purchase lastnight for my son and myself. Looking forward to my dates with that young man. I love him.
- My daughter's creative heart. She has made so many cute projects/crafts lately. I am so proud of her and thankful she has a heart that leans towards creative arts... like her momma.
- Beautiful words in texts to wake up to.
- UA ColdGear running apparel coming in the mail soon. I am looking forward to running in the cold this year. I might be crazy for that last statement.
- My Grandmother - who has been in and out of the hospital - and is a fighter.
- My Aunt Linda - who inspires me just by her grace, beauty and example.
- Memories of my sis that come and go without warning. I am learning to see them as sweet over bitter. This is - I suppose - the true essence of healing. Being able to look back with less hurt.
- Piano music. Specifically Jon McLaughlin's "At Night" from his new album Holding my breath.
- Phone conversations with my Mom. She makes me laugh.
- Self-development and growth. I've got a long way to go. But I'm thankful for a lot of progress this year. At 37 I am just beginning to learn who this 5'9", brown-haired, green-eyed girl is. And I am learning to love her more, listen to her more and I am finding that her heart - though fragile - is a beautiful thing... and one worth being won, sought and cared for.
- Grape Hyacinth bulbs I bought at Aldi's - of all places. Cannot WAIT to plant them and see them come up next spring. :) favorite flower ever.
- The "I love you's" I get daily from my kids. I have amazing children with big hearts. I love them so much. And no matter what I have or own.. nothing compares to their words and their love. By far this is what I am most thankful for...