Tuesday, November 9, 2010

{Music & ... Catastrophic Ends}

I change my music up a lot.
Like it's my weekly goal to find new music that I like and if a week goes by that I haven't found new good music? It's a bad week.


Music is of uber-importance to this girl.


There are a lot of different varieties of music that I like. Music that is thought provoking and makes me think. Like this song currently playing called 'Loro' by Pinback. I am not really sure what the artist is talking about, he's mentioning a bunch of numbers that all add up to 22 - but it's not the lyrics, it's the sound for me. I love how it sounds. {And usually? I am totally a lyricist.} Music that goes well with my coffee makes it taste even better. Music that fills my heart or sometimes empties it in a good way, is necessary. Music that makes me look out my window at my desk and notice the leaves, the very last few hanging on as long as they can - makes me cognitive of seasons changing. Music that makes me smile is also sometimes music that makes me cry.

I try to imagine what life was like in the dark ages with like... lute and harp. What on earth. I wouldn't have survived. Someone hit me over the head with the lute. Please. Granted, I am sure they had more than lute and harp, but for point sake - it's not music like we have today. I am sure this is my own mentality. I have a few that are probably my own completely. Oh no, really, I assure you I do. But don't judge b/c I am anti-lute.

I tried to stay awake and watch a documentary lastnight about 2012. For crying outloud people {aka, astronomers and 2012 authors}.. you all make it sound as if the world is ending! Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. If we are all going to be destroyed by solar alignment, shift and axis tilt wobbling (generalization of course to all that catastrophically will occur b/c of these things I just mentioned) then why on earth are we all not spending our last year on vacay? Like I'm talking Hawaii AND Fiji? Should we not be selling all of our worldly possessions, kids quitting school, take-this-job-and-shove-it resignations handed in, packing up and going on like, hello, permanent vacay!!?? Think of the wonderful, simple life lived on a warm, sunny beach somewhere beautiful and tropical - I promise you I'd eat rice every day if that's all my belongings sold for, if exchange destination was um, paradise?! Yeah. I'll spend my last 365 on a beach with my iPod. Sold.


Well, my hubby fell asleep. He is bored w/ documentaries. I am a nerd. I love them. Like.. devour them. But I fell asleep too. I don't want to think about catastrophic ends. I feel like we all have enough of them in life, in general. 


So he's prob not hip on this plan of selling our stuff and moving to paradise. He doesn't believe in 2012 - he did say that before blissfully falling off to dreamland.

Well regardless of earth shift, tilt-shift on my camera, or blog shift in my topic from music to 2012 ... I will be enjoying music up until the very end. And hopefully.. thereafter.

So in summary, if 12/21/12 brings about our end - I hope to have found atleast 175 new songs by that time. {Accounting for roughly about 3 songs per week, now till then.} Cheers!